Friday, May 15, 2015

Summertime Fun


It's the 15th of May... and the 15th always means Duel Time!

The Dueling Darlings have been dueling it out on the 15th of each month for a few years now. FUN stuff!

Each month two of the members serve as hostess. They put their heads together and come up with a theme. Then each one puts together kits for their respective team members and mail them out. Neither group knows what the other group has received in the kits. On the 15th we show our projects.

This month Carol was the hostess for the Divas and April was the hostess for the Dazzlers. (I'm a Dazzler.)

April's kits seemed to be taking the scenic route arriving in the Dazzlers' mailboxes (don't you just love it when that happens???) so instead of using her kits (which I'm sure are fabulous!) we are using our own supplies for this month's duel.

The theme Carol and April chose is....

SUMMER
The Twist - should we choose to use it - is to make ABAC


I'm a cardmaker... that's what I do... but I'm never one to shy away from a bit of a challenge. LOL! So, I made a 6 x 6" Recipe Card for my Recipe Holder.



This recipe is great for a summer treat because it doesn't heat up the house like baking cookies does.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Please be sure to stop by the other Dueling Darling blogs and see what they made, too. You'll find both the Divas and the Dazzlers links in my left sidebar.






Image: Riley  
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers 
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Apricot Appeal and Cherry Cobbler 
Designer Paper: A Muse Studio Gingham and scraps from my scrap file 
Embellishments: Oriental Trading "Sweet" and Ribbon from an unknown vendor




6 comments:

kadie said...

Great job!! Love this recipe card and reading it is actually making my mouth water, so I gotta stop. :) I love that stand too! Another fab creation, Jeanette!

jimlynn said...

I'm all for not heating up the kitchen in the summer for sure! Love the recipe card Jeanette and of course little Riley is too precious.
Lynn

Melina said...

Yummy! I love this summery recipe and the card too! :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Great recipe card, and great recipe too :-). Love your colours and that fun Riley image Jeanette.
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

AWESOME Jeanette, now why didn't I think of that... I struggled once we decided on ABAC...This is brilliant and so well done... I'm so glad we duel together((hugs)).

Terry Ladwig said...

Yummy sounding recipe and great recipe card! Perfect for summer!