Thursday, December 7, 2017

Wise Men Still Seek Him


I've always been drawn to the Three Wise Men. I remember being mesmerized as a child when I would hear their story... how they looked and looked, trying to find the Messiah. And then when they did find Him, they gave Him precious gifts.

I still think their story is amazing. That they did not despair, fearing they would not find him. Why? Because they knew God would lead them to the Christ child. And He did.

Because of this interest I've had in the Wise Men, I was especially excited to see Imke's December theme for the Crafters of Faith group on SCS.


This is what she said: Create a Christmas Card based on this scripture:

"Matthew 2:10 When the wise men saw the star, they were filled with joy."


There might be stars, The Three Wise Men, something with the word Joy - let your ideas run wild and have FUN !


THANK YOU, Imke!





Thank you for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp Set: Sweet 'n Sassy Seek Him Still stamped with Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink

Papers: Recollections Black and SU More Mustard CS and Dp from my scrap file

Embellishment: Recollections Star-Shaped Brad

3 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

I have this set and always struggle with using it!! I love the darker, muted colors you have used with it here! What a glorious holiday design, Jeanette!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh I like the old world feel to this card. Great sentiment!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just beautiful! I love this theme and have yet to make my card. Love your purple background- so pretyy!